Benefits of Acrylic Pipes
Acrylic pipes are all the rage this year. But, is it a trend that will last, or will it fizzle out with some of the other cultural flops of 2017? With the expansion of pipe designs, and innovative alternatives in terms of material, there are now more choices than ever for size, shape, and construction of pipes for your smoking needs. Some users are glass-loyal, while others aren’t afraid to experiment with every new gadget and accessory. Below we will explore the benefits to acrylic pipes to help you determine if they are worthy enough to hold a place in your own collection.
Five Key Benefits:
- Colorful - Some glass designs can be colorful too, but since most acrylic pipes are factory-made, they are available in a much wider range of colors. Since the shapes of acrylic pipes are fairly basic (straight tube or bubble), the color is really their defining feature.
- Price - One of the biggest benefits to acrylic pipes is the price. Mass production allows for the deep discount, and even unique designs like the Gas Mask Bong, and Big Boy 3-6 foot bongs are quite affordable. The simpler designs will range between $15 and $20, making them a budget-friendly option.
- Durability - Not only can acrylic pipes endure travel with ease, but they will also survive even the clumsiest of smokers. Glass is prone to cracks, chips, and shattering, so extreme care must be exercised with those pieces. For acrylic, you’ll be able to enjoy a much more relaxed session without having to worry about you or your friends accidentally breaking your favorite pipe. Acrylic will react to extreme heat, much like glass, so it’s advised not to expose it to your flame or heat source for too long. Acrylic pipes typically include a metal bowl to prevent heat damage to that particular area. If you’re worried that the metal will affect the taste or integrity of your smoke, you can switch it out for a glass slide, which are typically no more than $5 a piece. These also have been known to reduce the harshness that acrylic pipes can sometimes produce.
- Easy to Use - The simple design of acrylic pipes makes using them a breeze. No extra frills will allow the process to run smoothly from start to finish. Cleaning is also effortless, as you may only need soap and hot water to complete the job.
- Versatility - Water pipes aren’t the only acrylic pipes out there. Steamroller dry hand pipes have also adapted to the trend, with more products surely to join the acrylic party in the very near future. Right now, they are a relatively new invention, so you can still wow your friends with your cool new acrylic pipe before they become the norm.
While some users prefer glass to anything else, acrylic pipes are worth trying at least once, especially considering the low price point and great brand names such as Graffix and Headway. While the designs may not be as intricate as some glass pipes, users can worry less about accidental breakage and turn their concerns toward the overall experience. As acrylic pipes continue to gain popularity, we look forward to seeing how the industry is shaped by them and how these pipes will evolve in the coming years. View acrylic bongs.
- Abbigail Montgomery