How to Clean Your Bong
Nothing ruins a good smoke like a dirty bong. When you buy a new piece, keeping it clean and shining will not only extend the life of your bong but also keep your smoke sessions smooth. So, what’s the best way to clean a bong? Keep reading to find out.
Do a Basic Clean
If your bong isn’t super dirty, do a basic cleaning about once per week. First, gather your supplies. You’ll need a sink, something coarse like salt or rice, vinegar or another cleaner, and clean water. If you’re using a cleaner, like Formula 420, you can skip the rice or salt.
Once you’re ready:
- Pour out all your old bong water and remove any spent herb. Rinse it thoroughly with warm water to remove any solid particles.
- Fill the bong partially with warm water.
- Disassemble all moving parts of the bong, including the mouthpiece and pipe.
- The best way to clean a bong is with a quality cleaner, like Formula 420. However, if you’re using vinegar and salt/rice, add those to the bottom of your bong.
- Plug all the holes and shake your bong for about five solid minutes.
- Empty the cleaning solution into the sink. You can repeat the cleaning solution steps if necessary, but typically once is enough.
- Thoroughly rinse your bong and let it dry.
For a Deeper Clean
For stained or very dirty bongs, do a pre-soak. Fill a sink or bowl with warm water and just a small splash of dish soap. Soak for an hour or two before cleaning. The best way to clean a bong’s smaller pieces is to soak them in your preferred cleaning solution or abrasive/cleaning combo. Shake them and then let them sit for a few minutes.
After soaking, proceed with the normal cleaning routine. To get rid of stains, mix lemon juice and water and swirl that around the bottom of your bong for a few minutes. If necessary, use a cotton swab or other small tool to get into the nooks and crannies of your bong.
What’s the Best Bong Cleaner?
We may be biased, but we strongly prefer the Formula 420 line. They have cleaners for glass and plastic, as well as a soak and rinse option for a deep clean.
Ultimately, the best bong cleaner will be the one you actually remember to use. Because again, the best way to clean a bong is to maintain the clean. If you can’t seem to remember to order your cleaner but you always have alcohol, vinegar, and coarse salt around, use those. Or, if you wouldn’t dream of putting anything less than the best cleaner in your bong, use that.
Prolong Your Bong’s Life with SMOKEA®
Don’t ask “how to clean my bong” alone. At SMOKEA®, we have the best cleaners and tools to help keep your piece shiny, clean, and looking like new. Shop our cleaning supplies, or find your new favorite pipe with us. Need extra help? Get in touch.